Tuesday 26 February 2013

Week 2



With the spectre of Swansea City playing in a Wembley final on the horizon, I hope it won't have a detrimental effect on my training this week.

Monday again, safe in the knowledge that I put in a good week training last week and keen for the week ahead. Time to kick back and enjoy the rest day.

Tuesday's swim was went well; the main set was 16x25m, 1x400m, 16x25m. Very pleased not to have had an attack of cramp. This was possibly aided by the addition of a High 5 Zero tablet in my water. The most satisfying part of my swim was my new goggles, they are Aqua Sphere Kayenne (in my usual red motif). I was really pleased with the lack of misting and the comfort was good too.



Managed to squeeze in a 30 minute run in whilst James was at rugby training. I was going to pootle up and down the cycle path, but Ang convinced me to hit the hills. Hills, be buggered! 110m of climbing in a 6km run!



My legs were somewhat laboured in the bike element of Wednesday morning's brick session, but I felt fresh on the run. Sort of sums up my abilities really. I followed this up with a weights and core session.

Thursday's swim set was a testing main set of 1 x 300m, 3 x 200m, 1 x 300m. I felt strong through the session and no indication of foot cramp was a benefit.

A 30 minute spin on the turbo was nice and easy on my legs.

Friday's 45 minute run was done on the treadmill, as these sessions start to get longer, I can't see me doing them indoors for much longer. This was followed by a session on the TRX. Finding out I'd hit my target weight of 11st 7lbs was a bargain, I'm not sure that'll still be the case after the shenanigans of the upcoming weekend. 

A busy Saturday morning meant that I was on the turbo again, the 90 minute ride was helped along its way by watching The Wire. After a quick wash and brush up, Ang and I were were on our way to London in preparation for the Capital One Cup Final.

Despite being away from home, I still managed to complete my training week with a  60 minute run around Highbury Fields and the Emirates Stadium.



The run was followed by a very enjoyable trip to Wembley, winning 5-0 is more than we could have asked for. The only thing missing was an element of drama in the game.

A summary of my training is shown below

Summary of Week 2
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 2:14 2:00 +0:14 26%
Bike 2:31 2:30 +0.01 29%
Run 2:33 2:30 +0:03 30%
Other 1:16 0:45 +0:31 15%
Total 8:34 7:45 +0:49

All sessions ticked off again, in another straight forward week

Cumulative Summary
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 4:26 4:00 +0:26 27%
Bike 4:31 4:30 +0.01 28%
Run 4:34 4:30 +0:04 28%
Other 2:51 1:30 +1:21 17%
Total 16:22 14:30 +1:52

Two weeks done and it all rather feels quite good

No comments:

Post a Comment