Tuesday 19 March 2013

Well, I've Only Gone and Done It



Well there's no going back now, no more pontificating. I've signed up for Ironman Wales 2013.

In the immortal words of Winston Churchill



You've done what? You bloody idiot

The last time I raced it was a tough old day, weather wasn't good and I had a slight hamstring tear. My finishing time in 2011 was 14:29.

Taking into account on how well I think I could do, I'm going to target a time of sub 13 hours for the race this time. So that means I need to take 90 minutes off my race time, yes, one and half hours, or the time it takes to play a football match.

I'm going to target a 7 hour ride, gaining 1 hour on my previous time; and a 4 hour marathon, this is a 50 minute gain on my previous attempt. I'm assuming that I'll be there or there abouts on the swim compared to the last race.

I am under no doubts that I'm asking a lot out of my body to make such gains, but I've never been one to shy away from a challenge. But, if everything goes to plan this could be achievable.

The next six months are going to be tough and no doubt I will have good days and bad days on my journey to the start line.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that...

#GoHardOrGoHome




2 comments:

  1. It's gotta be 12.34.
    Well done for having the bollocks.
    Again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I get a 12:34, I'll have my bollocks inked

    ReplyDelete