Sunday 28 April 2013

Speedo Keep Going Swim After Swim Challenge



I recently received an email that stated thus

Speedo® wants you to take the Keep Going Swim After Swim Challenge and test our long lasting Endurance®+ swimwear!

Well as I'm doing plenty of swimming a the moment, I thought I'd give this a bash. So, I said yes and waited with baited breath for my package.

Following on from receiving my package from Speedo, I've been swimming exclusively in my new Endurance+ jammers. I believe I've racked up about 12 hours of swimming in that time.

The challenge posed a series of points that need addressing, the first point is

Endurance+ fabric is longer lasting with 20 times more fade resistance than conventional elastane swimwear, with improved snag resistance. Did you find the swimwear to be more resilient?

Over the challenge the shorts have been in out of the pool, chucked in the spin drier, crumpled up in my kit bag and put through the wash. Over the period the shorts have kept their shape and form with no loss of the elastic around the waist and legs, and neither has the material snagged in any way over the test.

Endurance+ fabric is 100% chlorine resistant and contains no elastane, so it will not degrade in chlorinated water. Did you find the fabric retained its colour / quality compared to your normal swimwear?

These shorts have not lost any colour over the challenge, the striking blue colour is as vibrant now as it was when I received them.

Endurance+ fabric is quick drying as it has a lower level of moisture absorption. Did your Speedo Endurance+ swimsuit dry quicker than your normal swimsuit?  

As the gym I use has a spin drier, the length of drying time really isn't identifiable. But the Speedo shorts expel more moisture during the spin and are noticeably drier when I unpack my kit at the end of the day.

All said and done, I really like these shorts, they hold their shape and are very comfortable. At the end of the swim, the shorts have neither risen up my legs not rolled down on my waist. 

Yes these are a great pair of shorts, if I could sneak in a subtle outboard motor they'd be perfect




No comments:

Post a Comment