Monday 8 April 2013

Week 8



As this is the last recovery week in the base stage, this will be the easiest (in terms of volume and intensity) week's training I'll have for a while.

As usual Monday is a rest day, but the added bonus of it being a Bank Holiday means I get the chance just to lounge about and watch a film with Ang and the boys.

Tuesday's swim set was a 2,500m time trial; I posted a time of 53:04 which is a bit slower than last time. Understandably, with the progress I felt I'd made recently with my swims, I'm a bit disappointed by this.

Summer is on its way! I actually ran in shorts on Tuesday night; a 60 minute Z2 session which ticked along nicely.

Back in the gym Wednesday morning for a row and a strength and core session.

Tough brick on Wednesday evening, it was hot in the conservatory on the turbo, and the run after was far from comfortable. 

Thursday's swim felt like I'm still making progress, the main set was 12 x 100m.

Easy Z1 spin on the turbo on Thursday night, the only disappointing thing was that I couldn't hear Game of Thrones coz the turbo was too loud.

Do you get the feeling that it's never going to get warm? It was so cold out on my run on Friday morning; it must have taken nearly 30 minutes for my hands to warm up.

Took the opportunity that some friends were camping at Port Eynon, to encompass my Saturday ride that it ended up at the camp site.



I went out for the ride later than usual, and enjoyed the fact that the ride didn't end up with a climb up Mortgage Mountain


Very pleasing to average out at 25kmh, and even took time out to take this lovely shot of Worms Head (with some filtering help from Instagram)


Another later session for my run on Sunday, 60 minutes at Z2. I felt that I was going at a good pace and at sub 5 minute kilometres I clearly was. However, I paid the price, as a tightness felt in my calf at 45 minutes was quite sore for the rest of the evening and required some attention on the foam roller

Summary of Week 8
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 1:56 2:00 -0:04 19%
Bike 3:47 3:45 +0.02 37%
Run 3:15 3:15 +0:00 32%
Other 1:12 0:45 +0:27 12%
Total 10:10 9:45 +0:25

Another good week's training, but I am slightly concerned about the soreness in my calf. 

Cumulative Summary
Activity Actual Time Planned Time Variance +/- Percentage
Swim 17:13 16:00 +1:13 23%
Bike 25:18 24:45 +0.33 34%
Run 23:01 23:15 -0:14 31%
Other 8:24 6:00 +2:24 11%
Total 73:56 70:00 +3:56





2 comments:

  1. Hope calf gets better soon. You run up on the toe-box?
    I find that that, and higher pace sometimes tweaks something wiv me, usually heel.

    Also... Follow the golden 4 steps of turbodom.
    Bike
    Device
    Conservatory, &..................

    Headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, headphones that could sort me out

    Calf stil not right. I'm gonna have to take it easy

    ReplyDelete